Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolved

Well, it's been awhile since I've visited my little blog! The past few months have been a whirlwind of moving, settling in to a new job and a new apartment, exploring my new city, making new friends, and just generally adjusting to changes in every area of my life.

Baton Rouge has been great so far. It's certainly a far cry from life on the east coast! I'm finding that aside from having a lot of nice people and a ton of amazing food, Louisiana is a place where one can really be oneself. There's certainly no shortage of diversity here. I find it very inspiring when it comes to my art, and I find myself wanting to embrace my inner steampunk, goth and vampire a lot more than I ever did while living on the east coast!

Today is the first day of the new year. Last year I decided that I wouldn't make any resolutions. Instead, I resolved that I would, quite simply, make my life better in some way over the course of the year. I figured that some opportunity would present itself that, if I took it, would improve my life in some way. I wasn't wrong. I did improve my life in many ways... some exciting, some creative, some difficult, and some very unexpected. It was a lot of work at times, and fun at others, but on the balance, things improved quite a bit. I ended the year with a new job in a totally new part of the country, and am on my way to making a good group of friends here. I also started my Etsy shop, challenged myself creatively, and proved to myself that I can be more than just a hobbyist when it comes to my creative pursuits.

So, I think I'm going to stick with the same goal for 2012. I am resolved to strive for a continually better life, and to take advantage of the opportunities that will surely present themselves. Here's to life constantly getting better! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for that and I hope you keep reaping the rewards. I'm concentrating on looking after my health better and saying no to people who stress me out, it's the year of putting my foot down on the takers.

    ReplyDelete