Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Halloween - I am so ready!

...because I have a purple felted Halloween witch hat!


OK, honestly, how cute is that?  I knitted this as a test knit for Cyn, the knitwear designer at www.everywitchway.etsy.com.  She has the pattern available for sale, as well as at least one ready to wear witch hat.  And the quilting patterns are to die for - I already bought the Samhain pattern, and am planning to buy the Yule one later on.

The hat pattern calls for Lamb's Pride Bulky, but I used KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Bulky with great success.  I've felted with both brands before, and while I generally like LP for felted bags, I think that the KP worked especially well for the hat, since it felted more slowly, giving me more control over the felting process, and formed a sturdier felted fabric than I have usually experienced with LP.

Speaking of Halloween, I recently posted these earrings for sale in my Etsy shop:


Aren't they cute?  You may or may not know this, but tomorrow (Wednesday, August 17) is Black Cat Appreciation Day.  Black cats have the lowest rate of adoption in the U.S. because of the superstitious and totally false belief that they bring bad luck.  They are less than half as likely to be adopted than cats of any other color.  In other countries, however, black cats are believed to bring GOOD luck!  As someone who happens to be owned by two black cats, I can safely say that black cats bring the best luck ever.  That's why I've decided that between now and midnight tomorrow night, $5.00 from each sale of these black cat lace earrings will be donated to the Black Cat Rescue in Boston, MA.  I have already raised $10.00 and would love to raise a lot more.  So please consider purchasing this listing and supporting this cause that is so near and dear to my heart!  >^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment